Friday, January 13, 2017

Mom’s tips for her teenage daughter’s first job interview.



Yes they grow so fast. The idea of independence and getting a job brings joy and excitement. When my daughter came to me and said “Mom I have a job interview next week”, it aroused many feelings in me. It also brought out the practical side of me and I asked myself, “How do I help her feeling secure and ready?”

These tips came to my mind:

* Be neat and a presentable. Clear nail polish, hair out of your face, make up just to a minimum.

* Be prepared: Find out about the place you are going to work as much as you can. Google the place and talk to anyone you may know who works there.

* Have an idea on the type of work you are going to be doing and see if you have the knowledge enough to perform it.

* During the interview don’t be a mere attendant and participate actively asking questions. Even questions that may seem obvious are sometimes not answered during an interview and the most important thing is that it shows real interest and also confidence. Some questions could be: What tasks am I expected to do? Is any task more relevant than others? Am I going to be part of a team? Is somebody else going to be working on the same task? Do I have a work day off to study before an exam at school/college?

* Be yourself, smile and have fun.


Veronica Waid

www.c3culture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment